Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Stockholm Scooterpremiere 2014 and all-nighter.


Last weekend I went off to Stockholm to participate in their scooterpremiere along my clubmates in Sweden Blues Scooter Club and Lambretta Club Sthlm. The sun was shining and had it not been for the fact that the trees had just about only started turning green it would have been easy to believe that it was mid june. Great turnup to. I heard someone mentioning a number of about 85 participating scooters.

But to be perfectly honest the scooterpremiere was only a small part of my plans for weekends. I was also there to celebrate my good friend Karin and Johns birthdays (her 30th, his 40th) at a big party during the evening (which later opened up for the public and turned into the official scooterpremiere all-nighter) and spend some time behind the decks.


And what a party it was! Me and my DJ-mates Tailor Bob, Elias, Charming Charlotte and Reidar took turns behind the decks and the floor was packed most of the night. Everybody was singing, eating good food, dancing and generally having a great time.
And as if that wasn't enough to two live acts in the form of Reidar and, foremost - The LaVettes.
Their highpaced, stomping soul -acentuaded by the driving hornsection fronted by my partner in crime behind the turntables, Charming Charlotte - put the crowd in a dancing frenzy and after that the evening just kept escalating. I think I even saw a clubmate of mine from Blues SC (no names mentioned) dance in his leopard underwear for a song or two.

At about 3:30 in the morning I decided to call it quits, but even then there were still quite a few people up and about, having a chat by the bar or dancing to the sweet northern soul-sounds courtesy of my good friend and Blues SC-mate Tailor Bob.

The sunday was mostly spent sitting in the sun on the front porch of Ronny and Åsa, who were friendly enough to let me crash on their couch for the night (which i repaid by taking Åsas shoes with me home, mistaking them for the darkbrown brogues I had worn the prevous night...sorry about that), drinking lemonade and sipping on a coffee. And also taking a rather long walk through the south of Stockholm and the along the waterside.
I do like my hometown Eskilstuna a lot and would not want to move away from here, but still I have got to admit that there is a little something about Stockholm during spring.

All in all - a top weekend. And then I haven't even mentioned that I also find the time during the saturday, which was this years Record Store Day in sweden, to pop into a few record stores and score a couple of rather sweet 45s.

If you would like to see more pictures from the scooterpremiere and party you can do so here.


The LaVettes, with Charming Charlotte in the foreground.

Song Of The Day:
Dobie Gray - Out On The Floor

No comments: